Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ok...so.

I've been thinking a lot about choices lately.

It's totally cheesy... but I am figuring out fist hand that contentment is a choice.

I don't know that I can totally get behind the whole happiness/sadness are choices, but I am absolutely rocking the contentment thing.

Work is hard, life is hard, relationships are hard, but ultimately you have to make the choice to be ok with it all... or not.

I've started a campaign to be aggressively ok with, well, all of it.

So that's that.

I had a great summer.  It was my first time leaving Santa Fe knowing that I don't need to go back.  There are dozens of other people that will get infinitely more out of being in that place... that job... that experience than I will, for one more year.

I also really need some time not working on an opera.  Three years straight is a bit much.

I realize this is maybe the most boring post I've ever posted... but that's pretty much where I'm at right now.

Now, I'm going to go make myself a Rum and Coke, give the new Massive Attack a listen, and track down some CocoRosie tickets for next week.

All in all, pretty content.

1 comment:

Zac Attac said...

Im trying to be content with the fact you may see cocorosie before I can... Aonly been trying since 2004, ha