Thursday, December 10, 2009

My heart's a drummer



I thought I would share the view of my week with you.  I have to say, it is easy to get spoiled working in this profession.  When things like assistants, crew, tech tables, monitors, headsets, and a place to sit down don't exist, this job gets a lot more... complicated.

Don't get me wrong, it's been a blast.  It's just funny to me, when the majority of my job is in the days and weeks spent obsessing over parts of shows that last for seconds, when I spent 45 minutes cueing this show standing backwards on the last row of chairs so I could see/talk to my bored programer (intentional).  Going straight into runs where my head was in a score, calling the cues that I just wrote and still haven't really seen, standing behind a comically large projector shooting translation titles out of the front, and 134º fan blown air out the back, trying to lend a hand to the titles operator when the program she is running to display the translations crashes... again.

But it really has been fun.  Everyone that I am working with is so good at what they do, that putting a show like this one together takes almost nothing.  It just... happens.

So, cheers to my colleagues and compatriots.  May we continue to make things... happen.

1 comment:

Zac Attac said...

Now that's I've calmed down from my Streisand moment.

These things make those other things have the qualities of jealousy...